Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sick Day

Tuesday afternoon I decided to go to the pool for a swim. My plan was to do 1600m in about an hour. I know it's pretty slow but I'm a beginner. From the start of my workout I just felt super tired and by 1200m my vision was getting spotty.

So I jumped out of the pool and showered. By the time I drove home I really wasn't feeling so hot. Fast forward to the next morning waking up feeling kinda crappy with a pins and needles throat. Well one of the down sides of owning your own business and having zero emoyees is that there is no such thing as a sick day.

So I went to work and around 2 I started getting ready to close, cleaning and such. So I closed up and drove home dreaming of crawling into bed and resting. When I get home I look at the clock and it says 2:28... What the heck... That can't be right!? Yup you guessed it, I closed an hour early not even realizing it! In 4 years I have never closed for a sick day or even closed early... We'll see if anyone says anything today, I honestly never have too much business that last hour of the day.

I'm back at work today and feeling worse than yesterday. But I don't really feel like I have a choice. I hope that I feel better soon. I rarely get sick, and being ill really makes you appreciate your health.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment